Transmission-4 speed w/2speed differential
Previously owned by Shell Oil used to haul Shell barrels in the Cowichan Bay area. Morris purchased it in 1996 and spent 10 years restoring the truck.
Owner- R&R Hogg
Truck was previously owned by Lyle McBride Priority trucking to haul logs. R&R aquired the truck in Apr. 2008 and spent one year restoring it. It has a 2000 Freightliner tri-drive suspension.
Owner- Trevor Cardin
Model- 2 ton
Engine- 235 cu.in.
Transmission 4 speed
Trevor purchased this truck in Saskachewan in 2001. It was running, but as it had no brakes, it was shipped by trailer to the Island. Years of driving over fields of ruts had taken their toll on the suspension requiring extensive repair. All new brake components were used. The original 216 was replaced by a totally rebuilt and balanced 235 from 1954. The old 4 speed crash box was replaced with a 4 speed syncromesh from a 1965 1 ton Chev. The rear differential had new crown and pinion fitted. All wiring was replaced and updated to 12 volt system. Extensive body and paint was done, as well as new windshield and moldings. The grill was rechromed. All new tires and a flat deck completed the exterior. Truck was finished and on the road in January 2011.
Owner: Ron Jeskey
Model: 1ton Truck
Engine: 4 cyclinder
Transmission: 3 speed
Ron’ grandfather bought the truck new and it’s never been resold. Used on the farm to haul fruit, wood, hay and grain. Ron acquired it in the 60’s and it’s in original unrestored state.
1949 Diamond T 613
Owned (Donated) BCFDC Duncan
This truck was purchased originally by the J.H. Braten to haul logs in Duncan. Bill Simpson restored to what you see here in 1998. When Bill passed it was donated to the BCDC to be used in shows and parades.
Current Owner-Brian Baird